Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» HELP!
WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:34 pm by Guest

» Obama is not the change we wanted
WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 am by Guest

» Here we go again
WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:06 am by Guest

» Replacements wanted
WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:14 am by Guest

» Drug tourists in Bisbee
WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:17 am by Guest

» A brave new world?
WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:03 pm by Guest

» Posters names ordered revealed to Judge
WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm by The Bisbee Avenger

» All's Quiet On The Bisbee Front
WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm by Guest

» Congratulations to the new President
WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:14 pm by Guest

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
The Bisbee Avenger
WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Vote_lcapWHO To vote for? - Page 3 Voting_barWHO To vote for? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
sandman
WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Vote_lcapWHO To vote for? - Page 3 Voting_barWHO To vote for? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Jack
Elysian
sonora
Lady Zannah
Zasu Pitts
Admin
Sephiroth
Wildfire

WHO To vote for?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Septic
Anonymous

WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:54 am

Skeptic wrote:
I disagreed with what Verdad posted.
It appears you don't know what you're talking about.
You claim Jack was a volunteer and not a Wildland Firefighter - you're wrong.
You claim the ad was paid for by friends but not Wildland Firefighters - you're wrong.
You see something sinister in all this - you're wrong.
You think you're smart - juries out on that one.

Oh what a difference a page makes!
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:57 am

What the hell are you talking about??
Back to top Go down
Septic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:01 am

Skeptic wrote:
You're gonna have to do your own research.
Back to top Go down
Septic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:04 am

The issue is the timing and content of that ad, the image, the implication, and the lack of sensitivity. Unfortunately for Whetstone the damage is done.
Back to top Go down
Turnip
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:59 pm

Anyone want to bet that Whetstone is gonna claim he never got more than $500 in campaign contributions and therefore doesn't have to publish his list of contributors? I'm laying odds.
Back to top Go down
Verdad
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 7:46 am

The use of Wildlands firefighters was an intentionally veiled misnomer to imply that a specific group and not individual people contributed to the Whetstone campaign. Why is that important? While there may well have been people who had worked with Whetstone who contributed to that advertisement, the accreditation was intentionally meant to evoke a sentiment that was out of place given the recent near catastrophe that occurred. It was a calculated effort very untypical of the nature of most firefighters who traditionally downplay their heroic contributions to the welfare and safety of those they protect. The fact that Whetstone would try to gain political traction by portraying himself that way or that any group of firefighters would advocate using their affiliation in direct contradiction to the law makes Whetstone's campaign advertisement an affront to the voter and firefighters whose sentiments it purportedly represents.
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: No es verdad.   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:41 am

Verdad?
I think you should change that to Mentir.
Back to top Go down
Septic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:44 am

He wouldn't want to usurp your title Skeptic
Back to top Go down
Nozzle
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:48 am

Looks like Whetstone whizzed on his own candidacy! lol!
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:58 am

Interesting that only a few wankers under the B see something sinister here. conspiracy theory
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:02 am

Interesting to note that hundreds of people saw that ad, and will wonder about the judgement of Whetstone.
Back to top Go down
Courier
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:22 pm

Betty is far better than Jack W. She knew going into this that it would be hard because of her past but she showed real bravery by running. Jack W and his mentor had to manufacture their bravery and only just found the balls to attack Betty in the open. What a team they are.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:32 pm

Jack Whetstone's mentor? I think you mean Whetstone's mentir.
Back to top Go down
Courier
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:34 pm

Actually his mentor is un mentiroso. But then we knew that!
Back to top Go down
Courier
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:38 pm

I saw that Jack W wants to add more walking trails...what to facilitate his bird watching?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:17 pm

Perhaps Whetsone can use HURF funds for his nature trails. We all know he likes bird watching. I bet his mentor has excited this hobby of his. chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken
Back to top Go down
Travesty
Anonymous

PostSubject: Dreams   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:43 pm

WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Roostercartoonwwwtxt2pilc2
Back to top Go down
TOM TOM
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:52 pm

For council it doesn't look like Harris will be getting a lot of votes, not after the revelation of that email.
Back to top Go down
Verdad
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:30 am

For those in the electorate who are unaware, Jack
Whetstone is the product of a political groomer, someone who recruited and then has surreptitiously directed Whetstone’s campaign for mayor. Despite Whetstone's mild demeanor he must certainly feel some kinship with the philosophies and values of the person who has now been seen with him at various events, but how deep is the intellectual connection between these two?
Can we be lucky a second time and trust Whetstone will be an ethical mayor and sever ties with his “friend” or has Jeff Harris finally found someone to deliver his vision of Bisbee while providing the “in” to government that this unpopular and ethically challenged resident has been unable to achieve on his own. If elected, would Whetstone’s role simply be to effect the removal of the city manager and the city attorney that Harris has so vocally demanded or does he offer something positive for Bisbee?

Harris will never win a council seat but Whetstone has a
legitimate chance to win because so many voters feel dissatisfied with the field of candidates. The only thing that could end his short lived political ambitions
would be a backlash by those who do not want Harris anywhere near city government. This election may well boil down to a decision by the electorate for the candidate offering the lesser of many evils.
Back to top Go down
Voter
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:01 pm

You say Jeff Harris is Jack Whetstone's political groomer?

You say the "person" you refer to is Jeff?
"...Despite Whetstone's mild demeanor he must certainly feel some kinship
with the philosophies and values of the person who has now been seen
with him at various events, but how deep is the intellectual connection
between these two?..."

Scary. Really scary.
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

Number of posts : 375
Quote : "Prepare for a pride-obliterating bitchslap."
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:21 pm

People, PLEASE! Rolling Eyes

It's very easy to get taken in by Jeff's "awww, shucks, I'm merely a concerned citizen" routine. I think it best to evaluate Jack W. on the basis of what he says, and NOT on the basis of the fact that The Toxic Offender has latched onto him.

(Now of course, IF Jack W. comes out and says, "Hey, Jeff is my personal hero & Saviour, and I love him and I want to have his baby," THEN it might be best to move on!) hammered
Back to top Go down
Verdad
Anonymous

PostSubject: The Peanut Gallery   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:38 am

The revelations about the various people who have become infamous in Bisbee continue to reveal to us characters that are far from mature. The unending criticism they heap on government and individuals portends a self-loathing that envies and hates everyone.They do not respect the environment or pay true homage to democracy, free speech, or an interest for their fellow man. They spend no time in any endeavor unless there is some personal benefit to be gleaned from it. It is no coincidence that their antics mimic those of a child.

Are we then surprised that they enjoy elevating themselves by debasing others? Not really, we know our government here isn't corrupt and we are learning that our bad seeds display a talent for weaving stories whole cloth from the fabric of foibles common to man or any small town government. We have been disappointed to learn how selfish they are and how needful of attention. We are embarrassed by the discovery that they will lie, hound the contrite, bully the voice of reason, abuse the naive, and even hijack public policy in an effort to silence all but their voice. Like children they will do anything to safeguard their interests even at the detriment of ours. They engender in us the same reaction we feel toward a child having a tantrum in public because they too show no willingness to share and have developed no shame in their personal behavior. We have suffered their tantrums because we are bias toward none, but as those traits become ever more recognizable as the attributes of damaged personalities even our patience must find its limit.

Our candidates crave our attention, come election day we hope that Lindstrom, Whetstone, Porter, Spinks and Bryant are listening and that the incumbent is willing to ignore the antics of the peanut gallery.
Back to top Go down
Halo
Anonymous

PostSubject: Betty Lindstrom for Weird?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 8:27 am

Do we want to be projected as weird? I don't know if that is what I want.

Back to top Go down
Verdad
Anonymous

PostSubject: Betty for Mayor   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:07 am

There is no doubt that Ms. Lindstrom is directing her candidacy to a specific audience but at least she is honest about it unlike those working hard to keep us in the dark about what they intend. I actually like her straight up approach. I know what Betty wants and I know what she will deliver.
I can't say the same for those who pander to whatever audience they think they can influence, like Porter who can't seem to keep his foot out of his mouth or the fiasco of the Bisbee Fire advertisement launched for Whetstone. Come election day, I wonder how many are going to end up voting for a mayor they know nothing about because they don't want what they think they know?
Back to top Go down
Tioga
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:25 pm

you can say that again, Verdad........

"How many are going to end up voting for a mayor they know nothing about
because they don't want what they think they know?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHO To vote for?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Bisbee Issues-