Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» HELP!
WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:34 pm by Guest

» Obama is not the change we wanted
WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 am by Guest

» Here we go again
WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:06 am by Guest

» Replacements wanted
WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:14 am by Guest

» Drug tourists in Bisbee
WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:17 am by Guest

» A brave new world?
WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:03 pm by Guest

» Posters names ordered revealed to Judge
WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm by The Bisbee Avenger

» All's Quiet On The Bisbee Front
WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm by Guest

» Congratulations to the new President
WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:14 pm by Guest

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
The Bisbee Avenger
WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Vote_lcapWHO To vote for? - Page 2 Voting_barWHO To vote for? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
sandman
WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Vote_lcapWHO To vote for? - Page 2 Voting_barWHO To vote for? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Jack
Elysian
sonora
Lady Zannah
Zasu Pitts
Admin
Sephiroth
Wildfire

WHO To vote for?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Soiled
Anonymous

WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Suberfuge by Mr Clean?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:11 pm

Looks like Jack ("I single handedly put out the Bisbee Fire") Whetstone had to resort to some subterfuge to try to impress the voters. Head's up Betty. Here's the issue you've been lookin for!
Back to top Go down
Tioga
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:04 pm

"Bisbee's On Fire For Jack Whetstone" with the land burning in the background reminds me of those valentines we used to exchange in grade school.
"I've Got My Knickers In a Twist Over You"
Remember?
Same level.
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:31 pm

Is it a surprise to you folks that a group of wildland firefighters would pay for an ad for Jack Whetstone? He's apparently well liked by those he works with.
Here's an excerpt from Jack's bio:
During fire season I worked as a wildland firefighter primarily in the logistics section, where I became Facilities Unit leader for the Southwest Type 1 Incident Management Team.

I built and managed fire camps for up 2,000 firefighters and continued in facilities after retirement, including two tours during Hurricane Katrina relief.
Back to top Go down
Septic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:00 am

So in other words, Jack has been a volunteer. That's certainly commendable but to imply that the candidate is supported or endorsed by local firefighters is dishonest. The accreditation should have read: Paid for by Friends of the Candidate; anything else simply panders to the appreciation of the resident and voter.
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:47 am

Doesn't sound like he was a volunteer - I worked as a wildland firefighter primarily in the logistics section, where I became Facilities Unit leader for the Southwest Type 1 Incident Management Team.

Further, the ad states, "PAID FOR BY WILDLAND FIREFIGHTERS FOR JACK WHETSTONE"

Looks to me like a group of WILDLAND FIREFIGHTERS like Jack and put out an ad endorsing him.

Or are some of you saying Jack put it out himself, as it appears "Tom Tom" has posted?
Back to top Go down
Septic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:29 am

Skeptic. You opened this can of worms by referencing the small print on that campaign poster. No one else would have referenced it at all. Now you're trying to do damage control. You should have left it alone. The poster was dumb but this is obfuscating the issue.

While Jack worked for the Bureau of Land Management he was given the responsibility of being the facilities unit leader. That simply means he was in charge of setting up the facilities used by fireman at the location where the emergency occurred. Being in charge of establishing their base; where they stored equipment, where they ate, slept, and went to the bathroom isn't the same as actually being a fireman. Firemen put their lives on the line. If some friends of his got together and gave him a few buck to run that's fine but then it would have been more honest to merely state the contributors were friends of the candidate and not embellish.
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:43 am

Damage control????
I'm not associated with his campaign.
It appears you are being obtuse, though.
What part of "WILDLAND FIREFIGHTERS FOR JACK WHETSTONE" don't you understand?
Are you saying that the people who paid for that ad ARE NOT who they say they are?
Back to top Go down
Septic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:51 am

The damage control referenced is your own stupidity.

I'm simply saying that accrediting of Wildlands Firefighters rather than simply crediting friends is an intentional misnomer meant to impress the voter.
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:54 am

Furthermore, in his own statement to The SV Herald/Bisbee Review Jack states, "I worked as a wildland firefighter ".
Are you calling him a liar, Septic?
Back to top Go down
Septic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:56 am

No, I am calling the person who prepared that information and recommended it be used an exaggerator.
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:58 am

The damage control referenced is your own stupidity.

Oh, I get it now - you're smart and I'm stupid.
Back to top Go down
Septic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:00 am

Whatever.
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:03 am

Whatever.

And there is the crux of your argument, whatever indeed.
Back to top Go down
Septic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:06 am

Actually the issue is very interesting. Thanks so much for bringing it to everyone's attention.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited by Admin at request of guest for spelling)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:11 am

Do I hear the sound of something sliding?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:35 am

Septic wrote:
Skeptic. You opened this can of worms by referencing the small print on that campaign poster. No one else would have referenced it at all. Now you're trying to do damage control. You should have left it alone. The poster was dumb but this is obfuscating the issue.

While Jack worked for the Bureau of Land Management he was given the responsibility of being the facilities unit leader. That simply means he was in charge of setting up the facilities used by fireman at the location where the emergency occurred. Being in charge of establishing their base; where they stored equipment, where they ate, slept, and went to the bathroom isn't the same as actually being a fireman. Firemen put their lives on the line. If some friends of his got together and gave him a few buck to run that's fine but then it would have been more honest to merely state the contributors were friends of the candidate and not embellish.
Most interesting.
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:40 am

Most interesting.
But not true.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:59 am

You said you are not connected to the campaign, so how would you know it's not true?
Back to top Go down
Septic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:10 am

This whole thing started because of something Verdad wrote.
Verdad wrote:

Unfortunately
Whetstone (or is it Whetson?) has also shown a lack of good sense. His
use of a campaign poster depicting himself as an elderly firefighter in
front of a burning Bisbee only leaves the voter wondering if he was
insensitive to the terror many residents faced just a few months ago or
if he has a weird sense of humor. In either event it is an image that
leaves the voter scratching their heads.

Skeptic should have just kept his mouth shut if he didn't know what he was talking about but he put himself out as an authority and now wants to claim what he responded with isn't true.
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:25 am

I disagreed with what Verdad posted.
It appears you don't know what you're talking about.
You claim Jack was a volunteer and not a Wildland Firefighter - you're wrong.
You claim the ad was paid for by friends but not Wildland Firefighters - you're wrong.
You see something sinister in all this - you're wrong.
You think you're smart - juries out on that one.
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:27 am

You said you are not connected to the campaign, so how would you know it's not true?

I made a few phone calls.
Back to top Go down
visitor
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:29 am

The fire pictured in the ad isn't the one that almost made in into Old Bisbee in March. But the reference to Bisbee being on fire (for the candidate) isn't lost on those of us who gathered up our family photos and got ready to split.

Verdad was right, the ad left some people wondering if Whetson is
"insensitive to the terror many residents faced just a few months
ago or if he has a weird sense of humor."
Back to top Go down
Septic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:34 am

Skeptic wrote:
I made a few phone calls.

I bet you did!
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:37 am

Visitor, I appreciate what you posted. My family had to leave Old Bisbee that night.
I wasn't offended by the ad.
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:39 am

I bet you did!

And you'd win that bet!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHO To vote for?   WHO To vote for? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHO To vote for?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Bisbee Issues-
Jump to: