Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» HELP!
What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:34 pm by Guest

» Obama is not the change we wanted
What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 am by Guest

» Here we go again
What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:06 am by Guest

» Replacements wanted
What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:14 am by Guest

» Drug tourists in Bisbee
What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:17 am by Guest

» A brave new world?
What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:03 pm by Guest

» Posters names ordered revealed to Judge
What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm by The Bisbee Avenger

» All's Quiet On The Bisbee Front
What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm by Guest

» Congratulations to the new President
What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:14 pm by Guest

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
The Bisbee Avenger
What we want was never the issue Vote_lcapWhat we want was never the issue Voting_barWhat we want was never the issue Vote_rcap 
sandman
What we want was never the issue Vote_lcapWhat we want was never the issue Voting_barWhat we want was never the issue Vote_rcap 
Jack
Elysian
sonora
Lady Zannah
Zasu Pitts
Admin
Sephiroth
Wildfire

What we want was never the issue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Verdad
Anonymous

What we want was never the issue Empty
PostSubject: What we want was never the issue   What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:32 am

The voice of the resident was never an issue for Mr. Harris it was just the argument that was convenient, he didn't care what the board of zoning and council passed and he won't care what the other residents want. Ironically his personal interests do sometimes coincide with the altruistic desire many have to preserve Bisbee culturally and protect it environmentally and that is what has mislead so may into thinking his issues were their issues. But one only needs to look at his personal values, the hazardous material he stored in his yard, and his actions to know that he is no true environmentalist or public hero. Harris only ever supports what benefits him. If that is still in question watch what happens over the next six months.

His next ploy will be to disenfranchise the very voter he claimed to care about. It is this writers prediction that he is going to work on getting the zoning changes rescinded before they ever go to a vote. Harris knows, and probably knew when he started his petitions, that the voter in Bisbee, if given the option, want and would pass those zoning changes. They're tired of the junk cars and dilapidated buildings that mar Bisbee. But he will sacrifice the voters interests, just as he sacrificed the city's interests, if the alternative means losing his own dysfunctional paradise. He has already telegraphed his next step by talking about violations to Proposition 207 but this will be a harder premise to sell if the voter has a chance to speak. Harris is heading for a fall, one that will shock his dwindling rank of supporters but which will allow Bisbee to finally resurrect the decomposing corpse that Harris so desperately wants to preserve.
Back to top Go down
Travesty
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What we want was never the issue   What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:10 am

What we want was never the issue Bathingproductswwwtxt2pfp5
Back to top Go down
Rockford
Anonymous

PostSubject: Harris Unmasked   What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:27 am

Thank You:Applause: Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Verdad.
Back to top Go down
Tom Tom
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What we want was never the issue   What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:02 pm

The council showed an incredible about of stupidity in not learning whether the Supreme Court would have heard the Harris case. In the end, the mayor looked like the hero and the council looked scared.
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

Number of posts : 375
Quote : "Prepare for a pride-obliterating bitchslap."
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What we want was never the issue   What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:45 pm

Tom Tom wrote:
The council showed an incredible about of stupidity in not learning whether the Supreme Court would have heard the Harris case. In the end, the mayor looked like the hero and the council looked scared.
With all due respect (and it's quite a lot!), we don't want to slip into Jeff-style absolutes.
The mayor did fine, and the council did fine. The mayor was a strong advocate for his position, and I think the council made a reasonable choice among a variety of reasonable options.
Back to top Go down
Tom Tom
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What we want was never the issue   What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:51 pm

Oh, OK, but I was having fun!
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

PostSubject: Re: What we want was never the issue   What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:56 pm

Tom Tom wrote:
Oh, OK, but I was having fun!
Well, ok. Let's use Jeff-style absolutes, but only until Tuesday. And, to do it properly, we have to use the word "utterly" constantly. Otherwise, our fun will be utterly without merit.
hammered
Back to top Go down
Tom Tom
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What we want was never the issue   What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 3:18 pm

I am utterly committed.
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

PostSubject: Re: What we want was never the issue   What we want was never the issue Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 5:42 pm

In response to the recent Opinion from Tom Tom and myself that we should have fun at Jeff's speech mannerisms, the Under The B moderator has been presented with three options to choose from for tonight's postings. However, only one of these three options is viable:

1. It would be a monumental waste of tax dollars for the Moderator to review our usage of the word "utterly." The Opinion from, well, from ME, effectively closed the door to any further appeal from the Moderator by crushing the one issue raised by the Moderator, which was found to be utterly without merit. (The Moderator may claim that he/she raised no issues, and doesn't even know what the hell I'm talking about, but you KNOW he or she WANTED to! And in Bisbee, if you claim it's true, it's TRUE, so THERE! Any statement to the contrary is utterly frivolous.)

2. It would also be unwise for the Moderator to push the amended useage of the word "utterly" on this forum toward passage through referendum. The usages of the word "utterly," quickly run a-fowl of the provisions of the "Jeff's Intellectual Property Rights And Chicken Poop Protection Act" (which was enacted as the result of the overwhelming passage of the initiative measure voted on as Proposition 5150, which amends TITLE 12312, CHAPTER 16, PLANET POLLO LOCO REVISED STATUTES, by adding ARTICLE 2.1. which states, in relevant part, Jeff Gets Whatever He Wants, Or Else He Will Screech In That Helium Voice Of His, And We Certainly Don't Want THAT, Now DO We????)

3. Accordingly, the only reasonable option left open to the Under The B Moderator is to rescind the two TOS rules underlying the two referendum petitions (that have been determined by the courts to be legally sufficient petitions. OK, I lied about that part, but what are you going to do about it!) It's recind, or nothing. OK, maybe the Moderator can sit down and have a nice glass of ice-cold iced tea, with a couple of frexh-picked mint leaves dropped in, but, that's about it.
4. I am utterly unaware of why I even wrote any of this. I think I got too much sun. Or maybe too much helium!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What we want was never the issue   What we want was never the issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What we want was never the issue
Page 1 of 1