Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» HELP!
SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:34 pm by Guest

» Obama is not the change we wanted
SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 am by Guest

» Here we go again
SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:06 am by Guest

» Replacements wanted
SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:14 am by Guest

» Drug tourists in Bisbee
SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:17 am by Guest

» A brave new world?
SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:03 pm by Guest

» Posters names ordered revealed to Judge
SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm by The Bisbee Avenger

» All's Quiet On The Bisbee Front
SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm by Guest

» Congratulations to the new President
SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:14 pm by Guest

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
The Bisbee Avenger
SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Vote_lcapSAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Voting_barSAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
sandman
SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Vote_lcapSAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Voting_barSAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Jack
Elysian
sonora
Lady Zannah
Zasu Pitts
Admin
Sephiroth
Wildfire

SAY WHAT JACK???

Go down 
+7
Jack
Darth Bisbeeous
sandman
Lady Zannah
The Bisbee Avenger
Sephiroth
Elysian
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

Number of posts : 375
Quote : "Prepare for a pride-obliterating bitchslap."
Registration date : 2008-01-30

SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 11:00 pm

SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 21369BP~Looney-Tunes-Daffy-Duck-PostersOne of these days, if I work really, really hard at it, I think I may just be able to outwit Jack Cannon!
Back to top Go down
Jack

Number of posts : 102
Quote : My, wasn't THAT fun?
Humor : 'Taint funny, McGee...
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:00 am

As a life-goal, Eric, it lacks a certain majesty. Surely you have more important things to accomplish, and I'm just a fly in the ointment anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hradec.org/index.html
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:43 am

Jack wrote:
As a life-goal, Eric, it lacks a certain majesty. Surely you have more important things to accomplish, and I'm just a fly in the ointment anyway.

That may be true. But please don't call me "Shirley."
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:43 pm

The Bisbee Avenger wrote:
Jack wrote:

That may be true. But please don't call me "Shirley."

Why? I've called you worse things. . . but I'm safely medicated for a day or two.
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:04 pm

Jack wrote:
. . . but I'm safely medicated for a day or two.

Bartender! I'll have some of what he's having.
Back to top Go down
Snooper
Anonymous

PostSubject: True Colors   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:58 am

And don't forget I predicted this last side trip from the dark side was a bunch of crap.
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: "True colors"   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:09 pm

Snooper wrote:
And don't forget I predicted this last side trip from the dark side was a bunch of crap.

I'm gonna let Eric answer this, if he will, please. I will only say, Snooper, that "There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:09 pm

Jack wrote:
Snooper wrote:

I'm gonna let Eric answer this, if he will, please. I will only say, Snooper, that "There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Jack is what he is. He can no more change himself than a scorpion can.
Back to top Go down
Snooper
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:24 pm

lucky for the flap jack, he is self turning.
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:54 pm

Jack is what he is. He can no more change himself than a scorpion can.[/quote]

Thanks, Eric. I knew I could count on you for an explanation.
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Jack wrote:
Jack is what he is. He can no more change himself than a scorpion can.

Thanks, Eric. I knew I could count on you for an explanation.[/quote]

Do you still refer to another human being on that other board as "skidmark"? How much kindness does it take to compare someone with fecal matter smeared on underwear?
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:21 pm

Jack is the type of man who would say, with no hint of the absurdity, that "(y)our assertion about Carter is gratuitous and inflammatory -- and unbased in the factual world" as though his opinion is the last word on what is fact.

The man is, truly, at times an arrogant asshole.
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:12 am

Jack is the type of man who would say, with no hint of the absurdity, that "(y)our assertion about Carter is gratuitous and inflammatory -- and unbased in the factual world" as though his opinion is the last word on what is fact.

Well, at least you've quoted your own assessment which was only a part of the long exchange of messages between us yesterday. I sorta figured you'd have to get that one out in addition to the scorpion characterization.
And I also figured that you would make no mention of any of the rest of the discussion in those messages. I hoped for better from you, but was prepared to see exactly what you did. It's typical.
So this was your call to deal with. You could have been honest and forthcoming about what was going on 'behind the scenes', but you weren't -- yet again.

I firmly believe that I tried hard to give you the benefit of the doubt, and explain to you why your posts on Topix produced the response from me which was attacked above. I also firmly believe that you have been MUCH less than honest with your posts and comments here regarding this situation. Your choice.
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:32 pm

Jack wrote:

Well, at least you've quoted your own assessment which was only a part of the long exchange of messages between us yesterday. I sorta figured you'd have to get that one out in addition to the scorpion characterization.
And I also figured that you would make no mention of any of the rest of the discussion in those messages. I hoped for better from you, but was prepared to see exactly what you did. It's typical.
So this was your call to deal with. You could have been honest and forthcoming about what was going on 'behind the scenes', but you weren't -- yet again.

I firmly believe that I tried hard to give you the benefit of the doubt, and explain to you why your posts on Topix produced the response from me which was attacked above. I also firmly believe that you have been MUCH less than honest with your posts and comments here regarding this situation. Your choice.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I've heard it from you a dozen times before, I'm a liar and the entire Bisbee City Council and city government is corrupt and incompetent, and the electorate is so stupid and uneducated that we elected Bush twice, and this guy you don't like on Topix is nothing but a "skidmark" for daring to disagree with you, yada yada yada.

You have apparently confused "giving you the benefit of the doubt" with "giving you the opportunity to wise up and see things my way."

Again, Jack, I refer you to my observations about your over-inflated sense of your abilities, and your habit of devaluing what others bring to the table.
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:27 pm

Once again, a non-response from Eric. What about the dialogue yesterday? We've had several conclusions from you now; you feel comfortable with both sides being aired?

As I attempted to tell you yesterday, if you will bring honest, rational ideas "to the table", you will get my full cooperation and respect -- though we will probably always disagree on most things.

In your most recent post, you have actively misrepresented at least two of my expressed positions, engaged in name-calling to the detriment of discussion, and used ad hominem fallacies to reinforce your errors. Good work.
Back to top Go down
Tim Tim

Number of posts : 5
Quote : "Let's Go Flyers!!"
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:58 pm

"Honest rational ideas??" Jack, watch out... i looked for that about a month ago, and got booted (banned) from the site. Every body thought that I was someone in Bisbee, not just some puppet for she that will remain nameless, I am just some online entity here in Philadelphia, where the city government here decided to vote on and pass their own gun laws. Go figure...
Back to top Go down
Tim Tim

Number of posts : 5
Quote : "Let's Go Flyers!!"
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:01 pm

By the way, I saw that "big"fire on the national news, I hope there was not much damage. And what was the name of that movie they filmed there? anybody know?
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 6:32 pm

Jeff Lite wrote:
...In your most recent post, you have actively misrepresented at least two of my expressed positions, engaged in name-calling to the detriment of discussion, and used ad hominem fallacies to reinforce your errors. Good work.

You were an excellent teacher, Jack.
asshole
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:46 pm

Jeff Lite wrote:
...In your most recent post, you have actively misrepresented at least two of my expressed positions, engaged in name-calling to the detriment of discussion, and used ad hominem fallacies to reinforce your errors. Good work.

You were an excellent teacher, Jack.
asshole

Your offensive use of 'smilies' is but another facet of your general obnoxiousness in this conversation. The constant use of name-calling is, it turns out, not beneath you, after all. I should have expected no more; I did expect no less.

For future reference, Eric: your tactics are not productive of good conversation. But then, you already knew that, didn't you?
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Jeff Lite wrote:
Your offensive use of 'smilies' is but another facet of your general obnoxiousness in this conversation. The constant use of name-calling is, it turns out, not beneath you, after all. I should have expected no more; I did expect no less.

The 'smilies' came with the place.

As for the "constant use of name-calling" you claim... well, lets ask the person you've labeled "Skidmark" to weigh in on THAT.

Jeff Lite wrote:
For future reference, Eric: your tactics are not productive of good conversation. But then, you already knew that, didn't you?

I'm just meeting you where you are.
Back to top Go down
TOM TOM
Anonymous

PostSubject: Say what?   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Ok, now I am wondering what exactly is Jack doing? He attacks other people and sees nothing wrong with that. He changes the subject or goes off topic and sees nothing wrong with that. But let Eric do it and he gets all self righteous. I am totally confused. He doesn't even have the good grace to pretend not to be prejudice. Is he Jeff lite? Interesting notion. Just what is the difference between the obsession he claims Eric has with Jeff and the one HE has with Eric?
Back to top Go down
Wildfire

Wildfire

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:29 pm

SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Bearhuntinghunterhuntwwmn0
Back to top Go down
Elysian

Elysian

Number of posts : 86
Quote : lifted upward to a saner view
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:41 pm

I gotta say this is an unpleasant turn. Whether by accident or intent Jack is basically allowing Jeff to divert focus from himself to someone else. Is that what you wanted Jack?
Back to top Go down
Snooper
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 1:45 pm

HA HA HA HA HA. You thought Cannon could be reasoned with? HA HA HA HA.
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 2:02 pm

Elysian wrote:
I gotta say this is an unpleasant turn. Whether by accident or intent Jack is basically allowing Jeff to divert focus from himself to someone else. Is that what you wanted Jack?

I don't see Jeff poking his head up anywhere (I may be utterly blind to his tactics and traits, but I don't think so). What I do see is eric routinely diverting discussion on other topics into his obsession with the elusive and ever-anonymous Jeff.

The difference (as I see it, admittedly) between that obsession and my "obsession" is that I have little doubt that eric [u]could be[u] a valuable asset to almost any discussion, if he would simply settle down and do it, instead of relating everything to Jeff and trying out his third-grade remarks on us. He has become notorious for hijacking threads and discussions through those two tactics. I've told him privately, and I'll say it here now: were he to show consistently the mind he's shown on a few occasions, he would be someone worth his weight in ideas! Instead, he persists in devaluing himself through his tactics.

What I "wanted" is to have him as a valuable adversary! What I always seem to get is him as an enemy -- yes, I know: it goes both ways. What I "wanted" has absolutely nothing to do with Jeff. I think Harris is a nonfactor in almost everything these days. . . except the fevered imaginations of a few here.

But what eric has not acknowledged is the content and thrust of private messages between us, in which I tried to get him to understand what I've said here. Instead, I've been characterized (and demonized) as a "scorpion" and an "asshole". I do not feel that he has been honest or responsive in this incident, while he seems to have done his level best to foment hatred. Even when I responded to Pauken's post, he had to come immediately behind me with a comment which misrepresented my position -- and he knew it.

By the way, Elysian, did you make it to the Grand on Sunday?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAY WHAT JACK???   SAY WHAT JACK??? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAY WHAT JACK???
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next