Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» HELP!
The Election Begins Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:34 pm by Guest

» Obama is not the change we wanted
The Election Begins Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 am by Guest

» Here we go again
The Election Begins Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:06 am by Guest

» Replacements wanted
The Election Begins Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:14 am by Guest

» Drug tourists in Bisbee
The Election Begins Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:17 am by Guest

» A brave new world?
The Election Begins Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:03 pm by Guest

» Posters names ordered revealed to Judge
The Election Begins Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm by The Bisbee Avenger

» All's Quiet On The Bisbee Front
The Election Begins Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm by Guest

» Congratulations to the new President
The Election Begins Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:14 pm by Guest

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
The Bisbee Avenger
The Election Begins Vote_lcapThe Election Begins Voting_barThe Election Begins Vote_rcap 
sandman
The Election Begins Vote_lcapThe Election Begins Voting_barThe Election Begins Vote_rcap 
Jack
Elysian
sonora
Lady Zannah
Zasu Pitts
Admin
Sephiroth
Wildfire

The Election Begins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Courier
Anonymous

The Election Begins Empty
PostSubject: The Election Begins   The Election Begins Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:32 am

Yesterday was not the do or die event that some have tried to paint
it. It doesn't matter a hill of beans that Betty wasn't there or that
Jack Whetstone only recited his vitae. The packets don't even get
turned in until Wednesday. People need to allow the normal evolution of
the election season as it is in Bisbee and stop comparing it to
anywhere else. Bisbee is unique in more than just attitude.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Election Begins   The Election Begins Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:07 am

What Courier is referring to is a post Sunday afternoon on Topix,
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

Number of posts : 375
Quote : "Prepare for a pride-obliterating bitchslap."
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Election Begins   The Election Begins Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:15 am

Courier wrote:
... It doesn't matter a hill of beans that Betty wasn't there or that
Jack Whetstone only recited his vitae...

I think that if you want the job of mayor, the least you can do is show up for the "first interview."

And assuming you DO come, don't just "phone it in."
Back to top Go down
Master Z
Anonymous

PostSubject: I am talking Flakes, but not about Cornflakes   The Election Begins Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:00 pm

Betty Lindstrom posted on Topix that she would be there and she would state her platform at that time. It is always nice to get away for the weekend, but she is running for Mayor--what is more important? Personally, I think she would be a disaster as Mayor.
Back to top Go down
Courier
Anonymous

PostSubject: Just a bit early   The Election Begins Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:14 pm

The election doesn't officially start until the petitions are filed. That's tomorrow. Those who see this as their personal soap opera need to relax, the show will start soon enough.
Back to top Go down
sandman

sandman

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The Election Begins   The Election Begins Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:21 pm

Master Z and BA are right. Betty did say she was going to be there and then failed to show. Bad form for a potential candidate.
Back to top Go down
Courier
Anonymous

PostSubject: Not directly   The Election Begins Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:05 pm

It may have appeared that she had meant that she was going to be there but everyone knew she had plans for that day. She made no secret about it.
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

Number of posts : 375
Quote : "Prepare for a pride-obliterating bitchslap."
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Election Begins   The Election Begins Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:32 pm

Courier wrote:
It may have appeared that she had meant that she was going to be there but everyone knew she had plans for that day. She made no secret about it.

I didn't know she had other plans, and I like to think that I'm reasonably in-tune with Bisbee politics.

Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm NOT in-tune.

But, if even I didn't know, probably a good chunk of folks who follow politics casually didn't know it, either.

...Kinda makes me wonder what her priorities are.

...Kinda also makes me wonder, if she wins, WHO would really be the mayor of Bisbee, if she's already passing off her responsibilities to other people at this early stage.
Back to top Go down
Courier
Anonymous

PostSubject: A NEW feeling!   The Election Begins Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 3:54 am

The population of this city is tired of politics as usual. Tired of the sniping and tired of the lies. The majority of us want issues not allegations. Whoever is posting on topix as Ben Shaw and Franklin Nosevelt (sounding stunningly like Jeff Harris) is only harming themself. Those who insist on attacking Betty for her past or the current mayor because he advocates compromise rather than confrontation, or Jack because he has friends in the COC or excelled outside of the classrom, is going to learn just how much that brand of attack politics has turned off voters. Those who don't know that the feeling in this town isn't defined by the opinions of a few extremists in old Bisbee will never get the votes needed to win a council seat or the position of mayor.
Back to top Go down
TOM TOM
Anonymous

PostSubject: D'uh.   The Election Begins Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 9:38 am

SOUNDS STUNNINGLY LIKE??? It follows all of the criteria you set forth, Courier, AND remember he's the only one currently with their NOSE out of joint with Betty. Looking back, it's so obvious that the obsession he was constantly ascribing to Farhner actually went the other way. Jeff hated him so much that when any of us dared question anything he said he would call us Eric (or Erica). Interesting no? It was his personal put down and we ALL understood what he meant. How sad is that?
Back to top Go down
Travesty
Anonymous

PostSubject: Excuse me?   The Election Begins Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:15 am

The Election Begins Americanbaldeaglewwwtxttn2
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Not bad Guys   The Election Begins Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:50 pm

I want to say that I think the mayor, the manager, our council, and the entire city staff have been doing an amazing job at changing the feel of Bisbee and the financial position we were in just 6 years ago. My hat is off to all of them and my votes for those I can re-elect will reflect that.
Back to top Go down
Sammy
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Election Begins   The Election Begins Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:53 pm

It looks like some people would rather bash candidates than discuss their issues and the strengths. No wonder candidates avoid the forums. What a shame!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Election Begins   The Election Begins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Election Begins
Page 1 of 1