Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» HELP!
Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:34 pm by Guest

» Obama is not the change we wanted
Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 am by Guest

» Here we go again
Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:06 am by Guest

» Replacements wanted
Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:14 am by Guest

» Drug tourists in Bisbee
Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:17 am by Guest

» A brave new world?
Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:03 pm by Guest

» Posters names ordered revealed to Judge
Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm by The Bisbee Avenger

» All's Quiet On The Bisbee Front
Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm by Guest

» Congratulations to the new President
Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:14 pm by Guest

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
The Bisbee Avenger
Mayoral Election Vote_lcapMayoral Election Voting_barMayoral Election Vote_rcap 
sandman
Jack
Elysian
sonora
Lady Zannah
Zasu Pitts
Admin
Sephiroth
Wildfire

Mayoral Election

Go down 
+4
sandman
Lady Zannah
The Bisbee Avenger
sonora
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Activist
Anonymous

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:06 am

So far only the Mayor O has formally entered the race. He is generally liked and I doubt that anyone will be able to easily defeat him. I know several people have made rumbling noises about running for office but I don't think any of them will actually run.
Back to top Go down
TOM TOM
Anonymous

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: matter of perspective   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 12:14 pm

The dissatisfied of Bisbee always assume that the election repeat of a mayor isn't because they don't see things the same way others do, it is because everyone else is STUPID and they are the only brilliant ones who recognize the mayor as an enabler. WISE UP. You guys are the ones that are the ones in need of a new perspectives or a set of glasses that are pre dusted for bias by your favorite slub.
Back to top Go down
sonora

sonora

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:56 pm

How the heck does Mayor O win these elections? lol!
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

Number of posts : 375
Quote : "Prepare for a pride-obliterating bitchslap."
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Mayor Ron Vs. Betty Lindstrom   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:39 pm

Who do you think will win in a match-up between those two?

And, will Jeff Harris & Co.'s predictable over-the-top attacks motivate ordinary, decent people to come out in support of Mayor Ron?

And if Betty manages to win and serves a sentence as Mayor, how long will it be before her supporters turn on her?
Back to top Go down
sonora

sonora

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:05 pm

If Betty wins her close supporters will go after her in about three months. They will try to make her lmayorship a living hell.The public will have to help her and give her support, because her close supporters won't. So much for public service.
Back to top Go down
Activist
Anonymous

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Betty as Mayo   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:27 am

It is not easy to start a new job without a little on the job training but a new mayor doesn't have a supervisor; so who trains the mayor? The existing staff.

Betty is going to NEED the city manager, the council, the secretary, clerk, and the city attorney to learn the ropes. The problem is her "buds" have clearly indicated they want almost all of those people fired. IF she doesn't do that in the first 60 days she is going to learn just how cute the gulch gestapo are. So how is she going to deal with that little quandary?

Is she prepared to face the kind of personal attacks her "friends" showered on Mayor O? OR does she already HAVE a group of trusted advisers lined up to fill those jobs? The list of people she owes favors to should make everyone think twice. Eeew
Back to top Go down
sonora

sonora

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:27 am

She won't be able to fire all those people.

Last edited by sonora on Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jim Mars
Anonymous

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Betty Stradles both sides of the fence   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:36 am

I hate to sound like a know-it-all know it all , but Betty will NEVER EVER win a Mayoral Election. She wants to be in with the "in crowd" in politics, but somehow she never quite makes it. She also is friends with Jeff Harris. I say Jeff Harris because the group that once was of supporters no longer exists (except for a stray few such as D.P. and S.U.). Betty is an opportunist. No one in City Hall would welcome her. Even if she did win as Mayor, in that position, she would have no authority to fire anybody. She might be able, and might is a strong word, be able to make a recommendation. I would have to check again on the Mayor's duties to see what the Mayor is actually capable of in that area, but I don't think it is very much. Betty is a flake looney . I think that it is likely that Jeff Harris chicken will attempt to run for either Luche's seat or for Mayor Eeew . Watch.
Back to top Go down
sonora

sonora

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:44 am

As far as power is concerned, the mayor is more like a councilperson at large, no more powerful than any councilmember. Mayors that think otherwise are quickly reminded by the council in no uncertain terms.
Back to top Go down
Travesty
Anonymous

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Blindness through association   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:47 am

Mayoral Election Advicetwwwtxt2piccomoz5
Back to top Go down
Jim Mars
Anonymous

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travesty Post   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:07 am

I don't know what mixed signals you are giving out "Travesty" but it is obvious you do not know Betty. There is no attack here, it is just fact. She is a double speaker and a flake. One of her best friends is that stunted growth mentality Mike Palmer Lame . Her background says it all Dems . And, don't come back with: " that was in the past and means nothing". She plans to use Jeff Harris as her campaign advisor :scratch: . Ron and others fell into that bs that she, Harris, & Palmer were spouting off at the mouth about. Don't think Palmer wasn't highly involved in helping Ron's campaign. Problem is they all don't know what they are doing. I happen to think Ron has a lot of courage because he has taken relentless beatings from all of them. Don't think Betty hasn't provided her share of two cents to the attack Ron campaign. What Ron has had to endure is quite telling. The fact that Ron has not turned around and said to Harris, et. al. that they were right should also be telling thumbs up .
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:40 am

Jim Mars wrote:
... I think that it is likely that Jeff Harris chicken will attempt to run for either Luche's seat or for Mayor Eeew . Watch.

I don't think he will.

Jeff Harris is many things, but he's certainly not an idiot. He knows that if he runs for office, the subject of his education credentials will come up, and everything to date suggests that he desperately wants THAT subject to stay gone FOREVER.
Back to top Go down
Lady Zannah

Lady Zannah

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:48 am

Lady Zannah does not think the Toxic Offender chicken will run for Luche's mooned seat. He would make a kick ass mole for City Hall . He already has credentials for being a 'Mole in the Eye' guy.
Back to top Go down
Sigma
Anonymous

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:57 am

A. Voters don't care about Jeff's credentials. Voters just don't vote for Jeff, never have, never will. Look at the record.

B. CAN BETTY AFFORD A JOB THAT PAYS $400 A MONTH?
Back to top Go down
TOM TOM
Anonymous

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Quote :
Sigma says:
A. Voters don't care about Jeff's credentials. Voters just don't vote for Jeff, never have, never will. Look at the record.

B. CAN BETTY AFFORD A JOB THAT PAYS $400 A MONTH?

A. I don't think it is a question of Jeff getting elected. I think it is the principle of the thing.

B. Nobody could live on 400 a month think of it as an additional 400 per month.
Back to top Go down
sonora

sonora

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:21 am

I guess we will have to wait and see who runs. Lots of speculation right now.

Last edited by sonora on Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Travesty
Anonymous

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Election Issues   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 7:14 am

Mayoral Election Seekhelphitlernaziwwwtxep0
Back to top Go down
Travesty
Anonymous

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Candidate   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 7:52 am

Mayoral Election Girlinpinkwwwtxt2piccomfx2
Back to top Go down
sandman

sandman

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 3:11 pm

I have a feeling that this is going to be a great political year, if you like a lot of excitement both on the national and local level. Between a hot race for President and a head to head contest against the vocal city critics, and the calm and cool mayor, the excitement should build great interest. I am looking forward to some exciting and rewarding political activity.
Back to top Go down
Sheeple
Anonymous

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 9:57 am

"Calm Cool Mayor" - what a bunch of BS!
People love to bring up Betty's past, which is appropriate. (deletion) Maybe Eric's cadre of Private Dicks will look into it. They've uncovered soooooooo much so far.

A complaint has been lodged on this post. Please avoid using personal attacks or comments that can be construed as threats. ADMIN
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 10:40 am

Sheeple wrote:
... Maybe Eric's cadre of Private Dicks will look into it. They've uncovered soooooooo much so far.

If you are referring to the Jeff Harris inquiry, we HAVE. Just because it's not been posted on-line, doesn't mean we don't have the information. (And Jeff already knows what it is. After all, he was THERE when it all happened.)
Back to top Go down
sonora

sonora

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:09 am

So, is the mayor cool and calm, or is he Pulling hair ?
Back to top Go down
Lady Zannah

Lady Zannah

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 1:28 pm

Lady Zannah asks Betty L. "Did you know it was the 'Toxic Offender' who 'sludged' you on Topix?" Is that just a little taste of things to come, if you don't go along with his agenda? afraid Is that what a friend does?
Back to top Go down
JOKER
Anonymous

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Great Mayor?   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 9:04 pm

Cut me a break, the Mayor is an Dems kisser who's sold out to the good old boys.
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 11:59 pm

JOKER wrote:
Cut me a break, the Mayor is an Dems kisser who's sold out to the good old boys.

So if Betty Lindstrom wins the Mayorship, and doesn't immediately hire Jeff Harris as the internet technology guy, will you label HER a sell-out too? Slap fight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mayoral Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mayoral Election
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next