Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» HELP!
Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:34 pm by Guest

» Obama is not the change we wanted
Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 am by Guest

» Here we go again
Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:06 am by Guest

» Replacements wanted
Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:14 am by Guest

» Drug tourists in Bisbee
Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:17 am by Guest

» A brave new world?
Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:03 pm by Guest

» Posters names ordered revealed to Judge
Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm by The Bisbee Avenger

» All's Quiet On The Bisbee Front
Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm by Guest

» Congratulations to the new President
Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:14 pm by Guest

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
The Bisbee Avenger
Mayoral Election - Page 5 Vote_lcapMayoral Election - Page 5 Voting_barMayoral Election - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
sandman
Mayoral Election - Page 5 Vote_lcapMayoral Election - Page 5 Voting_barMayoral Election - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Jack
Elysian
sonora
Lady Zannah
Zasu Pitts
Admin
Sephiroth
Wildfire

Mayoral Election

Go down 
+4
sandman
Lady Zannah
The Bisbee Avenger
sonora
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TOM TOM
Anonymous

Mayoral Election - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 7:51 am

With the entry of Jack Porter into the race for Mayor, Betty Lindstrom and the Gulch Gestapo have virtually lost their bid for control of Bisbee. Prior to Porter's candidace, Betty's chances were slim but now they are non existent. She has become a 3rd rate candidate and we are lucky this is the case. Instead of the choosing to elect a mayor who would dedicate herself to the personal vendettas of her friends we now have a real choice for mayor between two people truly disposed to helping the city of Bisbee. Oertle and Porter may have a different style but both are legitimate candidates.
Back to top Go down
Sammy
Anonymous

PostSubject: Screw up   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:25 pm

It is obvious why this sudden diversion to attack Eric occurred. Jeff screwed up by going into his typical hate Steve Pauken rant. He opened a can of worms. Even if he succeeds in getting the thread pulled on topix which is obviously what he is actually trying to do, the post will survive. Way to go Jeff. No wonder Betty wants you out of her life.
Back to top Go down
P-EGG
Anonymous

PostSubject: What the GG want   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:09 pm

You're not completely on the money, Sammy. The Pauken rant is secondary to the attacks on Porter. The last thing that GG want is to piss off Jack Porter and his supporters. GG just wants to get rid of the mayor.
Back to top Go down
Travesty
Anonymous

PostSubject: What does Eric Support?   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:49 pm

Mayoral Election - Page 5 Hilariouslaughterfunnyjlz6
Back to top Go down
Give UP
Anonymous

PostSubject: Dead Horse   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:07 pm

The Steve Pauken thing is ancient history. It happened a long time ago. He and his wife are living together here in Bisbee, and the past is in Colorado.

So what has he done here? Only worked to set the financial position of this city in the black after Yandow set it on a crash-course to bankruptcy. Before you bash him again, look at the last two independent audits. The city is not only turned around but actually made a surplus the last two years. His budget presentation this week is putting some of that money he made the last two years into street repairs that haven't been made since PD left town.

Some of you claim B Lindstrom has turned her life around, and is worthy of the mayors office. She hasn't done anything to make this place better, and keeps bashing the people at city hall. Pauken is at city hall and he has also turned his life around. Nobody else can claim to get the citys finances on track and put the profits back into the rotten streets that nobody else has spent money on since the mines closed.

Good on ya, Steve! Applause
Back to top Go down
TOM TOM
Anonymous

PostSubject: Give UP Is right!   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 11:31 am

Great post GIVE UP

This is such old news. Pauken has done a great job. Naturaly those who like beating dead horses may find the glue factory themselves if they keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 7:47 am

Dead Horse is right. Bisbee has benefited hugely from Steve Pauken's municipal experience. If his progress has been uneven, so be it. At least he is not his predecessor, a fella who came in, trashed the place and left, stepping over dead bodies on his way out. I have faith that more streets will be paved as soon as Pauken gets a chance to direct the right people to do it.
Is it too late to predicrt a winner in the Bisbee mayoral race? Looks like Porter is a shoo-in if he doesn't drop the ball over the next few months.
Back to top Go down
Flora
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 8:11 am

Until the ballots are cast it isn't too late to predict a winner. It is either going to be Porter or Oertle. It is going to be too close to call. Oertle isn't bad and Porter isn't great. It's why the race will be between those two.
Back to top Go down
Elysian

Elysian

Number of posts : 86
Quote : lifted upward to a saner view
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 9:12 am

Actually it is hard to predict anything. Every candidate brings something unique and special to the race. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Buzz
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 12:18 pm

My prediction - Jack wins by a 2 - 1 margin over Betty with Ronnie in 3rd place.
Back to top Go down
TOM TOM
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 12:27 pm

From what I hear Porter is going strong. He has the backing of so many of the Business owners and civic groups.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Anonymous

PostSubject: What Does Porter Stand For?   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 1:43 pm

"My prediction - Jack wins by a 2 - 1 margin over Betty with Ronnie in 3rd place." Buzz's words.

Hey Buzz, didn't you sign the petition to recall Porter? Many of the business owners signed the recall as well. Has Porter changed that much? Porter is promoting that he will clean up the Bisbee Police Department yet he is one of those who is "in thick" with them. When Oertle became Mayor, Porter didn't hesitate to talk to the citizens who frequent his garage about his displeasure. Porter has now spoken to many people in town who frequent his garage about his displeaure over Pauken and Elkins. What I want to know is: "Whose side is Porter really on" and "Whose side are the people in this town really on"? Rolling Eyes I'd really like to see someone in this town with some real conviction about something. And, why are the Mayoral candidates not speaking out and campaigning? What are the campaign platforms of ANY of the Mayoral candidates? It is never too early to start campaigning.
Back to top Go down
Sammy
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 3:00 pm

Right on Mike, but not just Porter, I want to know what they all stand for. Where are the issues? Come on give us some information!
Back to top Go down
Sammy
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 5:20 pm

Mike wrote:

Hey Buzz, didn't you sign the petition to recall Porter? Many of the business owners signed the recall as well. Has Porter changed that much? Porter is promoting that he will clean up the Bisbee Police Department yet he is one of those who is "in thick" with them. When Oertle became Mayor, Porter didn't hesitate to talk to the citizens who frequent his garage about his displeasure. Porter has now spoken to many people in town who frequent his garage about his displeaure over Pauken and Elkins. What I want to know is: "Whose side is Porter really on" and "Whose side are the people in this town really on"? Rolling Eyes I'd really like to see someone in this town with some real conviction about something. And, why are the Mayoral candidates not speaking out and campaigning? What are the campaign platforms of ANY of the Mayoral candidates? It is never too early to start campaigning.

Mike wrote:
Remembering the recall and wanting to discuss it again and again are two different concepts in my book.

Do my sun toasted eyes deceive me? Is Mike bringing up the Porter Petitions?
Back to top Go down
P-EGG
Anonymous

PostSubject: Petitions?   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 5:39 pm

Petitions? Thought then was then and now is now. Maybe that was yesterday and today is tomorrow. Make up my mind.
Back to top Go down
Travesty
Anonymous

PostSubject: From the critics   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:49 am

Mayoral Election - Page 5 Brothersisterbakingwwwtob9
Back to top Go down
Josh
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:35 pm

It sucks that some people are against somebody my age running calling him a criminal and everything but support a real criminal. This place makes me sick. what a bunch of posers.
Back to top Go down
Button
Anonymous

PostSubject: pushing them hard   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 5:14 pm

Josh, This is just the first shot of this campaign. Trust that it will get much worse.
Back to top Go down
Courier
Anonymous

PostSubject: Betty for Mayor   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:41 am

I support Betty Lindstrom for Mayor and look forward to hearing from her in candidate's corner.
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

Number of posts : 375
Quote : "Prepare for a pride-obliterating bitchslap."
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:34 am

Courier wrote:
I support Betty Lindstrom for Mayor and look forward to hearing from her in candidate's corner.

WHY do you support Betty Lindstrom?

Just like anybody else, she has her share of flaws and gifts.

She's said to have turned her life around after her prison stint. Is she the personification of the desire some have to turn Bisbee around?
Back to top Go down
Courier
Anonymous

PostSubject: Betty for Mayor   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:43 am

Betty is the candidate of change for Bisbee. She has the strength of character to overcome adversity without stooping to the rudeness of other candidates. Go Betty!
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

Number of posts : 375
Quote : "Prepare for a pride-obliterating bitchslap."
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 1:28 pm

Courier wrote:
Betty is the candidate of change for Bisbee. She has the strength of character to overcome adversity without stooping to the rudeness of other candidates. Go Betty!

Is the only way to make Betty look good, is by making the other guys look bad? They are rude, so she looks good in comparison? Would Betty be the best candidate even if the other candidates were excellent choices as well?
Back to top Go down
lovebead
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:00 pm

an afterthought...
on another forum I happened to notice someone criticising the current mayor because he wants people to get along...everyone complains about mudslinging so tell me why that is bad exactly?
Back to top Go down
user
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 10:43 am

anybody know where the debate is this morning for mayor candidates?
10 o'clock i was told but forget where.
Soooo?
Back to top Go down
TSobowsk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 3:28 pm

Is there any chance of getting all the candidates on TV together? Many of us can't get out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mayoral Election   Mayoral Election - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mayoral Election
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next