Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» HELP!
Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:34 pm by Guest

» Obama is not the change we wanted
Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 am by Guest

» Here we go again
Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:06 am by Guest

» Replacements wanted
Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:14 am by Guest

» Drug tourists in Bisbee
Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:17 am by Guest

» A brave new world?
Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:03 pm by Guest

» Posters names ordered revealed to Judge
Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm by The Bisbee Avenger

» All's Quiet On The Bisbee Front
Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm by Guest

» Congratulations to the new President
Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:14 pm by Guest

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
The Bisbee Avenger
Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Vote_lcapBisbee censorship - Page 4 Voting_barBisbee censorship - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
sandman
Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Vote_lcapBisbee censorship - Page 4 Voting_barBisbee censorship - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Jack
Elysian
sonora
Lady Zannah
Zasu Pitts
Admin
Sephiroth
Wildfire

Bisbee censorship

Go down 
+2
sonora
sandman
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Skeptic
Anonymous

Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bisbee censorship   Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 4:56 pm

Actually, I've already refered to Judge Pompa#@ as a "role player".
Back to top Go down
just me
Anonymous

PostSubject: Bisbee censorship   Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:37 pm

That probably should have been "Judge Pompadoodle". The admin is apparently getting a bit testy about what can and cannot be said here, and you certainly wouldn't want to be banned on the same day as the first victim, would you?
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Bisbee censorship   Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 10:43 pm

just me wrote:
It might be nice for some of you to realize this:

Sephiroth (セフィロス, Sefirosu?) is a fictional character and recurring villain in Square's (now Square Enix) critically acclaimed role-playing game, Final Fantasy VII.

This is in case you decide to take this pompous person seriously.
The fact that my choice of nickname is coming under attack would seem to be indicative of the desperation of my opponents at their inability to gain a foothold on my arguments.

Nevertheless, since "childishness" seems to be the watchword lately, I think a look at the google image search results would be instructive.

Here is the video game character:

Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Sephirothqg5

Here is the inspiration for my nickname:

Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Sephdiag

The Sephiroth, Sefiros, or Sefirot, depending upon where you're from, is a general term for the divine aspects. They play a central role in the metaphysical side of Jewish theology, finding explication in the Zohar, the Sefer Yetzirah and such hassidic works as Schneur Zalman's Lessons In Tanya. I used to be religious and I enjoyed going to the local Chabad house and catching the odd Tanya lesson from the Rabbi there. Understanding the Sephiroth provides context to the commandments in the Torah as well as God's interactions with mankind and his many biblical titles and appellations. I actually learned to pray in Ashkenazic Hebrew, which would transliterate the word as "Sefiros," because the Hebrew letter ת, which appears at the end of the word takes an 's' sound when a small dot known as a dagesh isn't present. I chose the 'th' spelling for a number of reasons, primarily that the dialect which pronounces ת when it's missing a dagesh as 'th' is Tiberian Hebrew (though Teimani does also), which provides the most broadly used transliteration into English (mostly because English versions of the Christian Bible, notably King James, use that transliteration and Jewish translations have generally followed suit) and also because of a halachic (Jewish legal) ruling that the only authentic (and thus halachically correct) pronunciations were Tiberian and Teimani. All the other dialects operate on a heter (an halachic exception indefinitely excusing one from following standard practice based upon the impracticality, given their situation, of attempting to conform). Because I have had this nickname elsewhere and for some span of years, I have of course encountered the video game villain, who, according to Wikipedia, takes his name from the Jewish theological term to begin with, though that they would give their male character a name that's actually a female plural noun is a little puzzling, even if he does look a bit feminine. While I'm no longer as religiously observant as I once was, I've kept the name for the lack of a desire to think up another one. You've outed me. I'm a Heeb, a Red Sea Pedestrian... </Monty Python> So, now that you know the truth behind the name, if you feel that attempting to discredit me on the basis of my religious background is a productive tactic, be my guest.
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bisbee censorship   Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:21 pm

Attacked?
Inability to gain a foothold on your arguments?

Man, you are full of yourself aren't you?
Back to top Go down
Travesty
Anonymous

PostSubject: Common Knowledge   Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:49 pm

And of course EVERYONE knows that Jeff isn't full of himself, he's simply full of what registers on the meter. BS. BS Meter
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

Number of posts : 375
Quote : "Prepare for a pride-obliterating bitchslap."
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Bisbee censorship   Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:53 pm

Travesty wrote:
And of course EVERYONE knows that Jeff isn't full of himself, he's simply full of what registers on the meter. BS.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!! *SNORT!* HAHAHAH!!!! GUFFAW!!!!!!!!!Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Guffaw
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth

Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Bisbee censorship   Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:40 am

Skeptic wrote:
Attacked?
Yes, that's what it's called when you say that someone shouldn't be listened to because of their nickname...that's an attack, a personal one, it's also a fallacy...

Quote :
Inability to gain a foothold on your arguments?
...demonstrated by your having resorted to attacking my nickname to discredit me. You even phrase it "In case anybody is taking this guy seriously," as if credibility rises and falls on the basis of a nickname to begin with. If you had anything else, you'd have used it. However, you don't, so the best you can do is point out that my nick is also the name of a video game character. It turns out you couldn't even do that properly, since you didn't take into account the fact that the word has multiple meanings, and I just happen to have chosen it for another reason.

Quote :
Man, you are full of yourself aren't you?
And so given the utter blunted impotence of your other strategies, you've resorted, again, to a personal attack. This time saying I'm egotistical, apparently because I didn't let you get away with blatant fallacies. Again, you'll have to do better than that.
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bisbee censorship   Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:09 am

I never posted you "shouldn't be listened to because of your nickname".
My posting that you are full of yourself is merely my observation from reading your posts.
You haven't been attacked "judge"
BTW, I'm well aware of the multiple meanings of "Sephiroth".
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Bisbee censorship   Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:52 am

Skeptic wrote:
BTW, I'm well aware of the multiple meanings of "Sephiroth".

Well, you are NOW! LOL
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Bisbee censorship   Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:56 am

Skeptic wrote:
I never posted you "shouldn't be listened to because of your nickname".

That is what you implied when you said, "This is in case you decide to take this pompous person seriously."

In other words, "don't take seriously what this pompous person says" = "don't listen to him."

busted
Back to top Go down
Skeptic
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bisbee censorship   Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:11 am

Momma's Boy know it all posted:

That is what you implied when you said, "This is in case you decide to take this pompous person seriously."

In other words, "don't take seriously what this pompous person says" = "don't listen to him."

No Eric, it means don't take him seriously.
Back to top Go down
The Bisbee Avenger

The Bisbee Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Bisbee censorship   Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:41 am

Skeptic wrote:

Let's face it: if you're making an effort to NOT take someone seriously, you may be hearing him, but you are certainly NOT listening to what he has to say.

And if you are TELLING people, "don't take him seriously," you are TELLING people, "don't listen to him."

(BTW, why do you call me a Momma's Boy? Are you jealous of my close family? did YOUR family disown you because you are an
asshole ?)
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth

Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Bisbee censorship   Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:47 am

The Bisbee Avenger wrote:
Skeptic wrote:

Let's face it: if you're making an effort to NOT take someone seriously, you may be hearing him, but you are certainly NOT listening to what he has to say.

And if you are TELLING people, "don't take him seriously," you are TELLING people, "don't listen to him."
Hahaha. owned

Skeptic injects this degree of hair-splitting into the conversation and he accuses me of being full of myself?! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bisbee censorship   Bisbee censorship - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bisbee censorship
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4